Tuesday 4 January 2011

Mulberry dreaming....

I have a little designer wishlist that i am gradually checking off by attaining, on average, one item per year….. and after becoming the proud and, slightly arrogant, owner of a chanel j12 and a pair of louboutins (both of which i dont fail to mention at any given opportunity), the mulberry alexa/bayswater/anymulberrybagicanget, now sits at the top of the list eagerly anticipating its arrival into my little style cave to be stared at with awe through my teary disbelieving eyes. I dont have any children yet so this as close as i get to imagining the feeling of holding your baby for the first time…in my case we replace the baby with a shoe….
At the moment i own approximately 3 handbags; an impractical clutch, a huge andy warhol printed school bag type thing and my beloved brown mini satchel that cost £2 with a leopard print scarf attached to it, which i stole from my mother who stole it from me first. Anyway….about a month ago my little brother broke the strap off the satchel, which i later reattached. However the other day i knew that the end was nigh as the strap fell off again and the zip broke almost simultaneously. I took this as a sign from the universe to ditch the ugly bag and reach for my mulberry alexa dream EXCEPT there is no way in hell that i could afford the alexa so i took to ebay and bought a cheap knock-off for £16.99. smiles all round, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment