Thursday 6 January 2011

“People ask: what’s Sarah about? But I’ve worked here for so long, there’s been a big part of me in those collections all along the way. I’m not going to wipe the slate clean. That would be wiping me away. There will always be those McQueen elements, but at the same time, you can never stay still and you have to stay true to yourself. That’s what Lee drummed in to me: you have to be able to stand behind your work.”
SARAH BURTON in British Vogue
“People ask: what’s Sarah about? But I’ve worked here for so long, there’s been a big part of me in those collections all along the way. I’m not going to wipe the slate clean. That would be wiping me away. There will always be those McQueen elements, but at the same time, you can never stay still and you have to stay true to yourself. That’s what Lee drummed in to me: you have to be able to stand behind your work.”
 SARAH BURTON in British Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment